Senior Game Programmer - HUNT
We are looking for a Senior Game Programmer to support our HUNT team in our Frankfurt, Germany based studio.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples*
- Work with existing engine code base to develop and enhance game play. This includes player / world interaction, AI strategies and rules, game play, etc.
- Develop game code for a high profile game.
- Develop well designed software within project schedule to team standards.
- Document source code.
- Create immersive and compelling gameplay experiences.
- Debug and optimize latest console and PC performance.
- Specify and contribute to testing procedures.
- Shows a strong passion for making the highest quality state of the art games.
- Continue to enhance programming and communications skills.
- Actively participate in team working on project by making recommendations on how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Provide input to department project status meetings.
- Coordinate with other studio groups including art, design and production to achieve project objectives.
- Complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard.
- Good communication and writing skills and create documentation where required.
- Mentor Junior/Regular Programmers.
- 5+ years of professional experience as programmer in the games industry.
- Worked on at least one shipped product on either console or PC from beginning to end.
- Demonstrated ability to apply creative and technical design processes while ensuring that high production values are never compromised.
- Adopt existing development processes and look for improvements.
- Previous experience in a combat, melee or shooter based game a definite plus.
- Passion for making games.
- Excellent understanding of C++ in a games development environment.
- Strong mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with state-of-the-art game development tools and methods.
- Experience with multi-threading.
- Experience with network profiling and optimization a definite plus
- Experience with any game engines preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, a similar degree or comparable experience
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.