Lead Software Engineer - Platforms - CRYENGINE
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Lead Software Engineer to lead and support our CRYENGINE Mobile Platforms team at our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples*
- Provide strategic direction for CRYENGINE’s mobile devices and game consoles domain.
- Ensure the reliability of platforms support.
- Act as mentor.
- Contribute to the development of user interface applications related to the platform support.
- Gather and verify strategic requirements across multiple projects for the platforms domain.
- Actively promote open and effective communication between internal teams, external partners and any other interested stakeholders.
- Delegate effectively, while involving team members in decision making processes.
- Act as a role model to all staff and always in the best interests of the company.
- Undertake technical training/teaching of the team.
- Take ownership for the effectiveness of the team in maintaining and developing their own systems.
- Improve platforms support in CRYENGINE for use in both internal and external projects.
- Create and maintain modules to be used for automated testing purposes.
- Contribute to Developer and end-user documentation.
- Provide support and training to internal and external Developers when required.
- Master internal processes and ensure such processes are maintained by the team.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience within the games industry or an equivalent.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Previously held a Senior or an equivalent position and highly experienced in working with Android NDK/iOS.
- Have been involved in the development of at least one mobile game.
- Excellent knowledge of C++.
- Excellent understanding of mobile architecture, performance measurement and optimization.
- Experience with any game engine, preferably CRYENGINE.
- Experience with large code bases.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparency.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Previous experience in working with Linux or Mac.
- Experience with programming for game consoles and online distribution platforms (Steam/PS/XBox).
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.