Lead DevOps Engineer / Deployment Team Lead
We are looking for an experience, passionate and ambitious Lead DevOps Engineer / Deployment Team Lead to become a member of the CRYENGINE team at our studio in Frankfurt, Germany.
As the Lead of the deployment team you will be responsible for driving build and automation improvements throughout Crytek. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to eliminate redundancy and humans from our systems, and will be able to bring that enthusiasm to the rest of the team. If you like to respond to team requests with "Here’s a button to do that for you.", then you might be the kind of person we need.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples / private projects (github)*
- Proactively identify and resolve bottlenecks in existing build, deployment, and development tools.
- Create and promote new procedures and tools within the company, ensuring that they are well-documented and accessible.
- Encourage and support knowledge-sharing within the Deployment team and among other teams.
- Prioritize tasks effectively, balancing the needs of all stakeholders.
- Direct the team's efforts effectively.
- Be a role model for Regular/Senior programmers and oversee the mentoring process inside the discipline.
- 5 years professional experience, preferably as a DevOps Engineer.
- 3 years experience administering Jenkins, particularly writing and maintaining pipelines.
- 3 years experience with Perforce software, as an administrator and user.
- 3 years experience writing Python.
- Experience scripting services such as JIRA, GitHub, Confluence via APIs.
- Experience administering Windows and Linux systems.
- Knowledge of Git.
- Knowledge of CMake.
- Familiar with C++, able to read and understand code.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
- A positive team-oriented attitude.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Helix Swarm experience.
- Knowledge of industry-standard build automation tools.
- Experience with any game engines, preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Knowledge of Groovy
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.