Junior Software Engineer - Interactive Systems
Crytek is looking for an talented and passionate programmer that wants to join us in the role of an Junior Software Engineer, to support the CRYENGINE team in our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
As a Junior Software Engineer within the Interactive Systems team you work primarily on those systems that are required to fill a static 3D world with life, interactivity and logic. Major systems include, for instance, the entity system for game objects, visual scripting, input system, movie system or the signal framework, but there are many others like the area management or vehicle system. This wide range of systems offers you the opportunity to work on low level optimizations as well as the high level concepts of CRYENGINE.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples*
- Contribute to development of CRYENGINE interactive systems (e.g. gameplay, scripting, cinematics, UI and more).
- Maintain engine technology.
- Improve existing engine functionality.
- Contribute to maintenance and improvements of low-level engine systems.
- Ensure reliability and stability of interactive systems.
- Document technology implementation details.
- Collaborate closely and effectively with technical artists, game designers and software engineers to fix bugs and implement new features.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Good C++ knowledge.
- Good software engineering, debugging and profiling skills.
- Experience with any game engines, preferably CRYENGINE
- Eager to learn.
- Good English communication and writing skills.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Gaming related projects and education.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.