Junior Game Programmer - HUNT
We are looking for a passionate Junior Game Programmer to support our HUNT development teams in our Frankfurt (Germany) studio.
The ideal candidate will be a game programmer with passion for game development. This is a position where design, game code implementation and tools are all parts of the daily job. The position involves working within cross-disciplinary groups. As a key member of the team you’ll be involved in crafting great AAA games using state-of-the-art technology.
- Integrate creative and technical design processes while ensuring that high production values are never compromised.
- Work with existing engine code base to develop and enhance game systems for a high profile online project.
- Create immersive and compelling gameplay experiences.
- Debug code for Console and PC platforms.
- Specify and contribute to the testing procedures.
- Create task duration estimates and complete all work in a timely basis.
- Remain focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through to completion.
- Display good communication and writing skills and create documentation where required.
- Develop well designed software within project schedule to Crytek standards.
- Actively participate in team working on project and provide input to department project status meetings.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Worked on university related and private game or modding projects (please provide a portfolio link).
- Good understanding of C++ in a games development environment.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Show a strong passion for making the highest quality / state of the art games.
- Experience with any game engines preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.