Junior Build Engineer - CRYENGINE
We are looking for a Junior Build Engineer to support our CRYENGINE department in our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
For over 15 years, Crytek has been at the cutting-edge of computer graphics performance. Our award-winning CRYENGINE empowers developers and creatives at our own studios and licensees worldwide – from small indies to AAA powerhouses – to deliver unique experiences, create new worlds, and ultimately make awesome games.
Join us and we’ll do brilliant work together.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples*
- Administer, maintain, and monitor Jenkins server and build machines.
- Write (documented) scripts to simplify and automate common procedures.
- Rollout of builds to development & QA teams.
- Investigate and resolve fundamental causes of build failures.
- Provide technical support to developers for build- and deployment-related issues.
- Complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard.
- Proactively report to Team Lead.
- Good knowledge of a scripting language.
- Experience with a version control system, preferably Perforce or Git.
- Basic experience writing code in Python.
- User experience with Windows & Linux.
- Knowledge of a Continuous Integration system (Jenkins preferred).
- Technical and customer support mentality; a desire to make the developers’ jobs easier.
- Good time management skills with the ability to focus on priorities and solve problems.
- Ability to accurately assess time requirements and complexity of assigned systems.
- Ability to design systems thoroughly and break into manageable tasks.
- Strong English skills (written and verbal).
- Keep a positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Knowledge of C++.
- Knowledge of CMake.
- Knowledge of game engines.
- Administration experience with Windows and Linux.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.