Crytek is looking for an experienced Game Director to support, enhance and bring to life the vision of multiple projects and franchises, working in a studio level leadership position. The successful candidate should understand all areas of art, design and production as it relates to delivering high quality triple A titles on Next Generation platforms.
- Define, support and enforce the creative vision for a franchise or multiple projects along with the appropriate directors and leads.
- Internal and external champion of the product or franchise.
- Provide input, direction and mentoring support to creative and design leads.
- Takes initiative and is willing to expand own horizon and share findings with the development team.
- Present the work of the team and the project in a professional manner.
- Champion exceptionally high but achievable production values.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
- Capable of balancing a project’s creative and visual requirements within schedule and staff limitations.
- Defining and Implementing the creative and technical design processes while ensuring that high production values are never compromised.
- Identifying and handling potential impact of production-phase change requests on quality, stability and schedule.
- Work with studio executives and department leads for continual process improvement.
- Safeguard company assets including source code, art work, tools, game design information and technical know-how.
- Directly responsible for adhering to all company policies and procedures.
- Report to Executive Management.
- Several years of professional work experience in a Game Director capacity.
- Show a strong passion for making the highest quality state of the art games.
- Able to easily present ideas and information to the team.
- Ability to deliver and receive constructive feedback.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
- Open-minded to new ideas and concepts.
- Contribute with innovative ideas towards all aspects of game development.
- Knowhow of technology and pipelines.
- Bachelor’s degree or similar.
- Ability to self-manage and work in an open structured cross discipline team.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.