User Researcher (Regular) - CRYENGINE
We are looking for a passionate User Researcher to support our CRYENGINE team at our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
CRYENGINE is used by thousands of game developers around the world to achieve their vision, and it is the technology that powers all of Crytek’s award-winning titles. Join us and you will be working in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary environment to develop the CRYENGINE Sandbox Editor. On our innovative and friendly team, you can expect your abilities and scope of work to develop as you deliver work that makes a real difference.
- Contribute to the development of CRYENGINE
- Compile and report research findings to operations and engine teams, provide appropriate recommendations to stakeholders who are responsible for creating the experience around CRYENGINE.
- Work closely with other researchers, designers and engine teams to understand product goals, present insights (verbal & written reports), recommendations and ongoing design consultation.
- Identify research projects and opportunities to improve product design and strategy.
- Run research studies with a rapid turnaround – The CRYENGINE team needs to test both existing and new ideas to validate and triage features.
- Help test concepts, features and prototypes that will ultimately help empower our users.
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative methods of research (observation, interviews, journals, video ethnography, surveys, lab studies, instrumentation, etc.) to provide support for the CRYENGINE team
- 2+ years of industry experience in research design and conducting user research studies
- Fluent in English. Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Good understanding of user experience principles.
- Ability to work and communicate in a cross-functional team. Excellent reporting skills, persuasviveness, and the ability to make group presentations
- Expertise in creative research design, fluent in different qualitative and quantitative methodologies (e.g. field studies, interviewing, contextual inquiry, questionnaire development and survey research, usability studies, competitive benchmarking, etc.)
- Can present insights to improve product design and implementation.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Experience with commonly used tools for research in games (OBS, Xsplit, Wirecast, Office, Drive, Qualtrics, Tobii, etc)
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Masters or PhD degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Game Studies, related field, and/or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with research in Agile development environments / design sprints highly desirable
- Experience or familiarity with Game Engines
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Working with cutting edge technology
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- Support with your first accommodation and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.