Technical UI Artist
Crytek is looking for a passionate and experienced Technical UI Artist who supports the UI team with implementing and optimizing
- Work closely with UI/UX designers and UI programmers.
- Implement and maintain UI assets in the game.
- Find a balance between desired aesthetics and the technical constraints of the UI System.
- Ensure the performance, technical consistency and integrity of UI assets, by means of profiling and optimization.
- Communicate efficiently with the other teams on the problems you met and the solutions to bring.
- Help with ideas and feedback in the development of the UI tools.
- Understand and develop best practices, workflows and pipelines within the UI team.
- Assist in the development of necessary skills in the UI team.
- 2+ years of experience in technical design capacity preferably within the games industry.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Good understanding of UI / UX for interactive applications.
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues from an aesthetic point of view.
- Proficiency in visual scripting languages such as Schematyc, Blueprints etc.
- Knowledge in object oriented design.
- Strong technical skill set and experience with scripting.
- Experience working with game engines, preferably CRYENGINE.
- Team player and self-driven and willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparency.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Strong math skills.
- Object oriented programming skills.
- Experience with Flash (Actionscript 2/3)
- UI Technical Artists - Regular
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.