Technical / Procedural Artist for Environment Art
Crytek is looking for a creatively minded Technical / Procedural Artist to work on a premier game at our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
The ideal candidate must communicate well with programmers and artists to develop cutting edge technology and content for games.
Candidate must be proficient in a diverse set of software including Houdini, Photoshop, Substance Painter / Designer and 3ds Max
*Sample pictures and portfolio link, which shows sample work are required*
- Work closely with Art Team and R&D to define and improve asset creation pipeline and processes
- Create and maintain scripts, tools and plugins in Houdini, 3dsmax etc. to aid 3d-Artists
- Solve technical issues related to 3d-Art-Production – especially real-time environment art
- Prototype new workflows from DCC app to engine and make them production-ready together with 3d-Artists
- Proactively seek out inefficiencies and problems in existing processes as well as potential problems
- Create and optimize content for memory and performance gains
- Demonstrates, communicates and exemplifies clear expectations for quality of work, productivity, communication and professionalism to the team
- Work with other disciplines to ensure the quality of the environment-art for all aspects of the project
- 2+ years of professional production experience.
- Strong desire to create tools.
- Strong knowledge of Houdini.
- Solid knowledge of 3dsmax, Substance and Photoshop.
- C#/C++ experience.
- Python experience.
- Experience with real-time rendering, preferably CRYENGINE.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of texture creation process in Substance.
- Works well under deadlines and multi-tasks.
- Good English communication and writing skills.
- Positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.