Lead Animator - HUNT
Crytek is looking for an experience, passionate and ambitious Lead Animator to support the Hunt: Showdown team in our Frankfurt, Germany based studio.
As Lead Animator, you will help create ingame animations with keyframe as well as mocap techniques. You will lead a team of talented animators and work closely with Project managers and other departments to ensure a speedy and fluid workflow.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples (Animation Demo Reel / Portfolio link)*
- Work in close collaboration throughout different departments to assure proprietary implementation of animations within game engine.
- Supervise Animation team on a large franchise.
- Responsible for directing complex Motion Capture where Character Animation is involved.
- Supervise Junior and Senior Animators and provide guidance and assistance where required.
- Create key frame animation as well as working with motion capture data for in-game assets while following the given style guide.
- Ensure timely completion of animation commitments at the desired quality bar.
- Partners with designers, programmers and other departments involved.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
- Not on a daily base, but if needed:
- Complete and or supervise motion trees for character(s), object(s), or game area(s).
- 8+ years of professional work experience in the game industry, preferably with 2+ years in a Lead capacity.
- Excellent knowledge of Maya.
- Experience with locomotion sets.
- Experience with any game Engines preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Experienced in key-frame animation but also motion capture.
- A thorough understanding of animation pipelines and the processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation.
- Ability to create fluid, smooth, realistic animations with specific demonstration of animation fundamentals.
- Excellent organizational skills, with an affinity for keeping schedules.
- Appreciates receiving and providing feedback in order to facilitate People Development.
- Acts as a role model for his/her team.
- Self-driven team player with strong interpersonal skills, who is able to motivate people and helps the team to exceed expectations.
- Positive, solution-orientated individual with a passion for game development.
- Strong English skills, good communication skills with a strong affinity for transparency.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Rigging skill is a plus.
- Experienced or interested in First-Person animation.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.