Junior Technical Artist
The HUNT team is looking for a creatively minded and driven junior Technical Artist who can communicate well with programmers\animators\Character Artist to develop cutting edge technology for games.
- Work closely with art and animation departments to create and maintain ‘Animator Friendly’ rigs
- Develop character, weapon, and vehicle Rigs for upcoming projects in Maya, working in conjunction with the project leaders and the art/programming team.
- Proactively seek out inefficiencies and problems in existing processes as well as potential problems.
- Responsible for fixes on both characters and props
- Develops tools, scripts, plugins to streamline processes.
- Work with other disciplines to ensure the quality of the characters and animation for all aspects of the project.
- 1+ years of professional production experience with realtime CG characters/Technical Animation.
- Good understanding of anatomy, volume and deformation.
- Ability to clearly explain problems, thought processes and technical solutions to the wider team.
- Game Engine Experience.
- Intermediate biped and prop rigging experience with a Maya based pipeline
- Good knowledge of Animation principles Kinematics and rigging.
- Well under deadlines and multi-tasks.
- Good English communication and writing skills.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude, able to take direction.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Python Experience
- shipped AAA console title.
- Experience in Cryengine
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team
- Flexible work time
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities
- Relocation support
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.