Intern FX Artist
The HUNT team is looking for a creatively minded and driven Intern FX Artist who can communicate well with artists and programmers to develop cutting edge particle and onscreen effects for games.
Candidate must be proficient in a diverse set of software including Photoshop, 3ds Max / Maya (or equivalent), etc. Experience with real time effects for video games is a necessity.
- Working with Designers, Artists and Programmers to create real time special effects for environments, weapons, explosions, onscreen effects, etc. within the platforms limitations.
- Creation of real time particle systems via CryEngine.
- Collaboration with other FX-Artists on the team to ensure consistent quality across the game.
- Texture creation using available graphic applications.
- Population of effects in game using a CryEngine editing tools.
- Knowledge of the limitations and expectations of next generation hardware.
- Working knowledge of 3D Max/Maya and Photoshop.
- Good art sense (e.g. knowledge of composition, color, lighting, movement, etc).
- Ability to work with multiple disciplines to meet project’s specific needs.
- Capable of working as a member of a development team.
- Ability to quickly understand custom toolsets and deliver assets within the confines of real time engine constraints and programming demands.
- Organized approach to problem solving.
- Good English communication and writing skills.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Experience with CryEngine and Sandbox Editor.
- Good understanding of real-time physics systems.
- Experience with one or more scripting/programming languages.
- Experience creating and configuring geometry assets for in game particle systems.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Working with cutting edge technology
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.