Senior Software Engineer - Interactive Systems
- Contribute to development of CRYENGINE interactive systems (e.g. gameplay, scripting, cinematics, UI).
- Design, implement and maintain new engine technology.
- Improve existing engine functionality.
- Take part in technical planning
- Contribute to maintenance and improvements of low-level engine systems.
- Ensure reliability and stability of interactive systems.
- Document technology implementation details.
- Provide support and training to internal and external developers.
- Collaborate closely and effectively with technical artists, game designers and software engineers on the requirements and design of interactive systems.
- Advice and mentor fellow programmers.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- Strong C++ knowledge.
- Solid software engineering, debugging and profiling skills.
- Experience with any game engines, preferably CRYENGINE
- Knowledge of the Qt framework is a plus.
- Understanding principles of user experience.
- Eager to learn.
- Good English communication and writing skills.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Experience with multithreading.
- Programming experience in one or more of the following fields:
- Gameplay systems
- UI systems
- Cinematic systems
- Signal systems
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.Apply for this Position
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.