Lead DevOps Engineer
- Create deployment strategies that allow DevOps Engineers to successfully deploy CRYENGINE and Crytek games for any environment
- Proactively identify and resolve bottlenecks in existing build, deployment and development tools
- In collaboration with Game and Technical Directors define and ensure execution of the CRYENGINE roadmap
- Maintain and update configuration management tools, code and modules to ensure streamlined implementation
- Design comprehensive automation systems and scaling strategies that drive development and optimization
- Build and maintain the infrastructure for code reviews, automated testing and code validation
- Own the meta-build system
- Create concise technical documentation that will assist other teams in understanding the built solutions
- Lead, mentor and provide guidance to fellow DevOps Engineers
- Encourage and support knowledge-sharing within the Deployment Team and amongst other teams
- Play a key role in the recruiting process of the DevOps Team
- At least 5 years of professional experience, preferably as a Build or DevOps Engineer
- Proven experience in leading and managing a team of Engineers
- Thorough knowledge in administering Jenkins, particularly writing and maintaining pipelines
- Excellent knowledge of Perforce software both as an Administrator and as a user
- Solid knowledge of Python
- Experience with scripting services such as JIRA, GitHub and Confluence via APIs
- Strong understanding in administering Windows and Linux systems
- Understanding of Git
- Familiar with CMake
- Proficient with C++ and able to read and understand code
- Fluent in written and spoken English, along with excellent communication skills
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Helix Swarm experience
- Experience with Docker
- Knowledge of industry-standard build automation tools
- Passion for making great games
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Working with cutting edge technology
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- Support with your first accommodation and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.Apply for this Position
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.