- Provide technical support for both Operating System and Middleware.
- Manage the configuration and operation of Linux servers.
- Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or stability concerns.
- Create and verify backups of data.
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution.
- Administrate infrastructure, including firewalls, databases and other processes.
- Review application logs.
- Deploy applications in close coordination with the DevTeam.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu, RHEL).
- 3+ years of professional experience as System Administration, preferably within the games, entertainment industry.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with databases (MySQL, mongodb), networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management.
- Expert knowledge of ansible configuration management.
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery.
- Ability to create scripts in Bash, Python, Perl or other languages.
- Advanced knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues.
- Ability to respond to help desk requests after hours on a limited basis.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparency.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.Apply for this Position
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.