Lead Character Artist
- Lead character art team on a large franchise
- Mentor and help team members to grow and excel within their roles
- Keep a healthy and positive working environment
- Maintain the original vision of the game
- All aspect of character creation and integration in a PBR pipeline
- Maintain the high quality bar expected from Crytek products
- Keep a good relationship and information flow between connected departments
- Ensure that all aspects of art production are completed on a timely basis to a high standard
- Work closely with character Art Director and Game Director to support the game vision
- Define work processes together with the Art and Project Managers
- Help prototype new technologies on the given platforms
- Work together with our Research and Development department to improve workflow
- 5 years professional production experience with various released titles
- Evidence of being a leader or role model, within their trade, at a team level and with the necessary management skills to run a team on a day-to-day basis
- Excellent communication skills
- Passionate about their craft and an avid gamer
- Demonstrable history of actively supporting art direction and remaining faithful to a project’s art direction
- Technically minded and capable of pushing technologies supporting current and future character pipelines
- The ability to create photorealistic game assets based on photo references or concept art and transfers them within the constraint of real time game engine.
- Knowledge of major software packages (3dsmax, Maya, Substance, Zbrush, Marvelous Designer, etc…)
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Strong knowledge of anatomy and form
- Keen eye for detail and realism
- Strong cloth modeling skills, using Marvelous Designer and latest techniques in the field
- High poly models and their game ready conversion including photorealistic heads and hair
- Strong texturing skills for PBR pipeline
- Knowledge of hard surface modeling pipelines
- Strong artistic background, with examples of traditional work (drawings, sculpting…) being a plus
- Experience with outsourcing pipeline and feedback loop
- Knowledge and practical use of Cryengine and Xgen
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Working with cutting edge technology.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- Support with your first accommodation and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.Apply for this Position
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.