Character Artist - HUNT
- Creating in-game characters from scratch following a concept art or art direction by keeping in mind and following the technical requirements.
- Creating of textures (diffuse, normal map, specular, bump) needed to display a photorealistic human in game.
- Working closely with Tech Art, concept art and other dependent departments throughout the character production process.
- 3+ years of professional experience in a Character Artist capacity.
- Good understanding of anatomy, and representing anatomy in topology.
- Ability to create all textures needed for creating photorealistic looking humans.
- Strong knowledge of human body structure and setup for facial animation.
- Ability to create game ready assets that work well within the given technical limitations.
- Strong knowledge of a 3D modelling software (3DS Max, Maya, Zbrush or other recognized tool)
- Has a strong knowledge of current texturing pipelines (Substance, Quixel and Photoshop)
- Demonstrates a strong ability to create believable photorealistic human characters within a games engine
- Shows a good foundation in human anatomy.
- Ability to creatively translate concepts, ideas into authentic characters with an attention to detail.
- Good English communication and writing skills.
- A positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive, self-motivated and be able to work without direct supervision.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- All 3D Character Artist Candidates must have a portfolio that demonstrates:
- A good eye for character design
- Keen eye on detail and realism
- Organic character elements (such as a human face) and non-organic character elements (such as metal armor).
- High polygon sculpting.
- Texturing on game characters.
- Ability to derive a well structured low-poly model from the high poly model
- Efficient UV layout for low-poly characters
- Experience with game engines (such as CRYENGINE).
- Knowledge of xgen
- Experience with rigging, skinning or animation.
- Game or Film Industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Traditional Art background (including self education) is preferred.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.Apply for this Position
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.