Crytek is looking for a Server Programmer to join the team in our Frankfurt, Germany based studio.
- Develop and support reliable and high performance online services, help integrate them into company’s products.
- Direct responsibility for performance and functionality of certain server modules.
- Create accurate task duration estimates and complete all work in a timely basis.
- Remain focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through to completion.
- Display good communication and writing skills and create documentation where required.
- Provide input to department project status meetings.
- Actively participate in project by making recommendations of how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- 3+ years of professional experience.
- Strong programming skills in either C++ or C#, working experience with both.
- Debugging/optimization skills.
- Experience with network programming.
- Experience with multithreading.
- Ability to work in a collaborative programming environment.
- Willing to accept and provide direction, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks.
- Passion for making great games.
- Ability to contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Erlang and Python language skills.
- Relational database programming experience (SQL, TSQL, PL/SQL).
- Experience with unit testing.
- Experience with PSN and/or Xbox-Live.
- Experience developing secure online services.
- Experience writing technical documentation.
- Experience with making multiplayer games.
- Unix/Linux systems programming experience.
- Experience with multiplatform development.
- Experience in the game industry.
Crytek GmbH (“Crytek”) is an independent company at the forefront of the interactive entertainment industry, and is dedicated to pushing the boundaries of gaming by creating standout experiences for PC, Xbox One, PlayStation®4, Wii UTM, iOS and Android using their cutting-edge 3D-Game-Technology, CRYENGINE®.
The company’s headquarters are in Frankfurt am Main (Germany). Crytek also has studios in Kiev (Ukraine), Budapest (Hungary), Sofia (Bulgaria), Seoul (South Korea), Shanghai (China), Istanbul (Turkey) and Austin (USA).
Since its foundation in 1999, Crytek has consistently been recognized for excellence in its field, earning accolades such as the 2011 Develop Award for Best Independent Studio, and two Red Dot Design Awards (in 2010 and 2013). Its multi-award winning games include Far Cry®, Crysis® (awarded best PC Game of E3 2007 and Best Technology at the 2008 Game Developers Choice Awards), Crysis Warhead® (awarded Best Graphics Technology at IGN Best of 2008 Awards), Crysis® 2 (awarded Best Shooter of E3 2010 and Gamescom 2010), Crysis® 3, Ryse: Son of Rome and Warface (awarded Best Social/Casual/Online Game of Gamescom 2012). For more information, please visit www.crytek.com.