Help shape the future of one of the world’s leading independent videogame developers by embracing an exciting new opportunity.
Crytek is looking for an experienced Marketing Director whose vision will propel the company to further success in the self-publishing and online arenas. With freedom to implement your ideas and award-winning products to promote, you’ll be perfectly positioned to make a major impact on the continued expansion of a genuinely ambitious and innovative business.
- Assess and define Crytek’s marketing strategy across multiple games and platforms; convert marketing strategy into tactical actions and control of implementation.
- Identify the audience sources for Crytek’s games; use standard and non-standard approaches to user acquisition and awareness.
- Establish and maintain affiliate relationships within Crytek’s structure; support of remote studios.
- Manage the marketing department of Crytek, including direct management of the leads of marketing teams (PR, creative services etc.).
- Take responsibility for brand management, performance marketing, PR, asset management, event management.
- State marketing KPIs for Crytek’s products; apply the efforts to reach pointed KPIs.
- Coordinate the efforts with and support others departments of Crytek’s self-publishing branch.
- Collaborate with the game development teams in shaping of the marketing strategy; coordinate marketing pushes with content plans of development.
- Arrange the consumer focus testing, implementation, adaptation.
- Work with Crytek’s business partners in different territories.
- Plan and control the marketing expenses; optimize the marketing investments and evaluate the marketing investments return.
- Participate in the development of internal Crytek’s systems.
- Understanding of the free-to-play business model.
- 5+ years of experience, with at least 3 years in a Marketing Director capacity
- Extensive experience in brand marketing and/or online marketing.
- Thorough understanding of the worldwide gaming market.
- Experience in planning and developing customer acquisition strategies.
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills.
- Ability to apply strategic thinking.
- Hands-on attitude.
- Knowledge of performance marketing.
- Understanding of the mobile sector.
- Ability to evolve with the changing needs of the business.
- Excellent English communication skills written and spoken.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt (Main) area, Germany.
Crytek GmbH (“Crytek”) is an independent company at the forefront of the interactive entertainment industry, and is dedicated to pushing the boundaries of gaming by creating standout experiences for PC, Xbox One, PlayStation®4, Wii UTM, iOS and Android using their cutting-edge 3D-Game-Technology, CRYENGINE®.
The company’s headquarters are in Frankfurt am Main (Germany). Crytek also has studios in Kiev (Ukraine), Budapest (Hungary), Sofia (Bulgaria), Seoul (South Korea), Shanghai (China), Istanbul (Turkey) and Austin (USA).
Since its foundation in 1999, Crytek has consistently been recognized for excellence in its field, earning accolades such as the 2011 Develop Award for Best Independent Studio, and two Red Dot Design Awards (in 2010 and 2013). Its multi-award winning games include Far Cry®, Crysis® (awarded best PC Game of E3 2007 and Best Technology at the 2008 Game Developers Choice Awards), Crysis Warhead® (awarded Best Graphics Technology at IGN Best of 2008 Awards), Crysis® 2 (awarded Best Shooter of E3 2010 and Gamescom 2010), Crysis® 3, Ryse: Son of Rome and Warface (awarded Best Social/Casual/Online Game of Gamescom 2012). For more information, please visit www.crytek.com.