We have an exciting and challenging role available in our IT team. Working out of the Frankfurt studio, you will be responsible for the Linux, VM, Backup and SAN environment.
- Take full ownership of the existing Linux, VM, Backup and SAN environment. This will be primarily focussed on the core environment in our head office, followed by supporting our satellite studios to varying degrees.
- Ownership of the management of the core Linux, VM, Backup and SAN environment. Ensuring optimum performance, capacity planning and near perfect uptime and availability.
- Monitoring and responding accordingly across devices in your responsibility.
- Fully document and maintain documentation to the highest standards in all areas that come under your responsibility. Share knowledge as appropriate articulately and in a suitable time frame.
- Monitor and maintain all logs and respond proactively to any issues.
- Maintain patch levels and security updates while minimising disruption.
- Manage backups to the highest standards, recording failures and rectifying issues. You will need to proactively be involved in new developments, working with your colleagues to ensure new environments are backed up.
- Perform regular test restores to ensure the validity of the backup - by integrity and timeframe.
- Plan work to be implemented clearly and in suitable timeframes, showing consideration for the environment and the projects who may be affected. Scheduling with the same considerations.
- Work with our development teams as required to provide secure solutions to our evolving development requirements.
The successful candidate would possess the following:
- Have proven professional experience in a similar role.
- This is not a junior role. The high level of responsibility for key areas of our infrastructure require a candidate of suitable proven knowledge and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Redhat (variety of ports), Debian, VMWare, Backup Exec and SAN is absolutely essential.
- Experience supporting a Perforce infrastructure on a Linux host in a similar sized company would be very desirable.
- Knowledge of Microsoft server environments and services would be advantageous, as would knowledge of MySQL, Apache and standard Linux services.
- You must be keen to adapt to the requirements of the environment which changes fast and frequently.
- You should be able to work well alone; proactively evolving the systems within your responsibility to ensure optimal service at all times.
- You should also work well and communicate well with the IT teams, both in Frankfurt and across our satellite studios..
This role will require a willingness to work flexible hours at times, and you may be required to travel internationally. As Crytek is an English speaking company and you will be communicating with colleague and suppliers, you must have excellent spoken and written English.
We offer an interesting job at a leading game development studio with competitive salary.
We look forward to receiving your complete application, referencing your expected salary and earliest starting date.