Crytek is looking for a Senior Programmer to support the CryENGINE team in our Austin, Texas based studio.
- At least 4 years of game development experience and at least 2 released title. (MMO prefer)
- Excellent understanding of:
- GUI programming (MFC, Win32 API, QT, .NET, etc).
- Object oriented analysis, design and optimization experience
- C++ & LUA in a games development environment.
- Excellent problem solving, design, development, optimization, and debugging skills.
- Adopt existing development processes and look for improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and self motivated, work without direct supervision, and present the work of a team or a project in a professional manner.
- A team player and responsible person.
- Ability to communicate in spoken and written English.
- Willing to travel to meet the demands of the engine business.
- Willing to relocate to Austin area, United States.
- Research, develop, maintain and optimize existing or new CryENGINE features
- Ensure reliability of builds for SDK releases and special projects.
- Contribute to maintenance of low-level engine systems.
- Troubleshoot technical problems reported by engine licensees.
- Contribute to the end-user and programmer documentation for the engine and its tools.
- Work to meet the schedule while breaking the process into manageable tasks
- Help develop training programs for the users of our engine.
- Actively communicate with Licensees, Engine Licensing teams and R&D departments.
- Takes initiative and is willing to expand own horizon.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Report to: Development Manager and Lead Programmer
- Specific interest or specialization in one or more of the following areas
- Graphics and shader programming
- Multi-threading and job systems
- Low-level networking
- Scaleform GFx programming
Crytek GmbH (“Crytek”) is an independent company at the forefront of the interactive entertainment industry, and is dedicated to pushing the boundaries of gaming by creating standout experiences for PC, Xbox One, PlayStation®4, Wii UTM, iOS and Android using their cutting-edge 3D-Game-Technology, CRYENGINE®.
The company’s headquarters are in Frankfurt am Main (Germany). Crytek also has studios in Kiev (Ukraine), Budapest (Hungary), Sofia (Bulgaria), Seoul (South Korea), Shanghai (China), Istanbul (Turkey) and Austin (USA).
Since its foundation in 1999, Crytek has consistently been recognized for excellence in its field, earning accolades such as the 2011 Develop Award for Best Independent Studio, and two Red Dot Design Awards (in 2010 and 2013). Its multi-award winning games include Far Cry®, Crysis® (awarded best PC Game of E3 2007 and Best Technology at the 2008 Game Developers Choice Awards), Crysis Warhead® (awarded Best Graphics Technology at IGN Best of 2008 Awards), Crysis® 2 (awarded Best Shooter of E3 2010 and Gamescom 2010), Crysis® 3, Ryse: Son of Rome and Warface (awarded Best Social/Casual/Online Game of Gamescom 2012). For more information, please visit www.crytek.com.