Crytek is looking for a Senior Programmer to support the CryENGINE team in our Austin, Texas based studio.
- At least 4 years of game development experience and at least 2 released title. (MMO prefer)
- Excellent understanding of:
- GUI programming (MFC, Win32 API, QT, .NET, etc).
- Object oriented analysis, design and optimization experience
- C++ & LUA in a games development environment.
- Excellent problem solving, design, development, optimization, and debugging skills.
- Adopt existing development processes and look for improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and self motivated, work without direct supervision, and present the work of a team or a project in a professional manner.
- A team player and responsible person.
- Ability to communicate in spoken and written English.
- Willing to travel to meet the demands of the engine business.
- Willing to relocate to Austin area, United States.
- Research, develop, maintain and optimize existing or new CryENGINE features
- Ensure reliability of builds for SDK releases and special projects.
- Contribute to maintenance of low-level engine systems.
- Troubleshoot technical problems reported by engine licensees.
- Contribute to the end-user and programmer documentation for the engine and its tools.
- Work to meet the schedule while breaking the process into manageable tasks
- Help develop training programs for the users of our engine.
- Actively communicate with Licensees, Engine Licensing teams and R&D departments.
- Takes initiative and is willing to expand own horizon.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Report to: Development Manager and Lead Programmer
- Specific interest or specialization in one or more of the following areas
- Graphics and shader programming
- Multi-threading and job systems
- Low-level networking
- Scaleform GFx programming